Tell your story.
Share your experiences, advice or good practice.
We would love to hear from you and learn about your experiences of caring for a child with learning disabilities whose behaviour challenges. By sharing our stories we can inspire and motivate each other.
There are lots of different things you could write about, for example:
- What it was like when you first realised your child had a learning disability? Or when they first started displaying challenging behaviours?
- Have you used a particular method, e.g. intensive interaction or Makaton? How did that work for you?
- Is there an activity that your child enjoys? How they are supported to do it?
- Share your experiences during a period of time or an event that has been particularly hard.
- How has caring and parenting affected you?
- Do you have a positive story about a particular service that has helped your child?
If you want more inspiration, why not check out Learning from family experiences.
Feel free to submit your story via the following form, or give us a call if you prefer.